Turmeric powder also known as Kurkum in parts of Northern Nigeria (West Africa) is popularly used for brides -to- be in that region as it gives the brides skin a golden glow before her wedding. This natural made concoction is used to scrub the bride 2-3 times a week before their wedding for radiant flawless skin. What is Turmeric?
TURMERIC SCRUB RECIPE
1 cup – Natural yogurt or Milk
1/2 cup – Turmeric
1/3 cup – Organic honey
1/4 cup – Fresh lemon juice or lime juice
**This measurement is enough for 2-3 uses and can be used on the face if its not sensitive.
1. Mix all four ingredients into a bowl.
2. Add water for thinner consistency, if you wish.
3. Line bathroom with disposable paper or old napkins to avoid staining tiles and bath sink as Turmeric leaves yellow residue that may be difficult to remove.
4. Rub and scrub the paste on all parts of face (avoid eyes) and body in circular motions.
5. Leave the paste to dry on the skin for 30 minutes.
6. Rinse with warm water and towel the body.
7.Follow with your favourite body oil, preferably natural oils such as Coconut, Argan or custom oil mix.
8. Use scrub at night time. However, if you choose to use during the day, make sure you apply sunsreen after.